Nucs for spring 2015 ....SOLD OUT....
A NUC is five frames of bees. It does not include the wooden box. Most of the frames are new, and will need to be transferred into a larger 8 or 10 frame hive. Each NUC has a new Queen and most of the bees are her offspring. A "NUC" is short for the word NUCLEUS which means the "center" of a hive.The NUC is a partially drawn out hive that has taken the bees about 6 weeks of work to accomplish. Nucs are always picked up at dark. Anyone selling you a nuc for day pick up is keeping your field bees, and it takes weeks to replace them.
Please make sure you have completely read the requirements and understand the costs for ordering your NUC.
Submitting an order form means you agree, understand and will comply with the information contained in the document.This information is extremley important!
Ordering mistakes will be your responsibility.
2016 NUC $
- NOTE: Payment in full will be required within 7 days of the order being placed. Check, money order or cash for payment.
- Sorry.... No credit cards.
- YOUR order is cancelled for any Nucs that are not paid for within 7 days.
- Our bees are Italian mutts. There are many different bees in Jonesboro, GA and they have cross-bred. There are No pure Italian bees any more.
- A NUC is 5 deep frames with bees a new queen bee and her brood of all ages. The wooden nuc box is sold separately.
- The frames size for the NUC are standard deep hive body 9 1/8 inches high.
- Buster will make a 6 5/8 medium size nuc for you it is a special order and takes longer and cost more....Please contact us about medium nucs.
- Please: do not return any frames in the NUC box. Thank you..... but we don't need them.
- All orders are first come first serve! We apologize, but we sell out every year.To avoid disappointment, we suggest you place your order as soon as possible.
- The earlier you order nuc(s) the earlier the next spring you get nuc(s).
- When you fill out the order form and click the purchase nuc button you are guaranteed to get a nuc(s).When the form is not seen we are sold out of nuc(s).
- Please: realize that if you order NUC(s) You are responsible for picking up the Bees and returning the equipment. If you order NUC(s) for friends and something happens You will be obligated to pay for the NUCs or the cancellation fee. Thank you all so much for your support and understanding!
- You are required to return the wooden NUC box and equipment within 7 days of pickup or pay $70.00 for Nuc box, front door with bungee and short bungee cord.
- Please read the NUC installation instructions.
- CANCELLATION FEE FOR NUC ORDERS: All orders are subject to a cancellation fee per NUC.
- Please take in consideration our time and effort in preparation to get the NUCs ready!
- The cancellation fee for any NUC cancelled after January 1st, 2016 is $50 per NUC.
- Each marked Queen is $2.00. Please Note: Marking is not permanent as the Bees groom each other they will eventually remove the marking.
- There is a $20.00 charge for each cardboard box requested ($15 for the cardboard box and $5 for installation). The cardboard boxes are provided for you so you don't have to return the wooden NUC boxes. Please keep them safe and next year you can bring them back for your new NUC purchase!
- There is a $55.00 charge if you wish to purchase the wooden NUC box at the same time you order the nuc.
- Please Note: If you choose not to buy your NUC box up front there will be a $70.00 charge if the equipment is not returned after 7 days!
- Would you like your NUC installed in your equipment or a cardboard box? There is a $5 charge for each NUC installation requested, and your equipment must arrive before 12:00 pm (Noon) on the day of pick-up. For your convenience and ours, you may drop your equipment off a few weeks or days in advance this is the best for you and us..
- NUCS have varied delivery dates. Please plan accordingly.
- NUCs are ready to be moved/picked-up at dark..... because all of the bees are home for the night. Depending upon the season the time can vary from 7:30 to 8:50 pm. Please take Bees straight to their new home.
- WE DO NOT SHIP ANY BEES. PICKUP ONLY.
- Please plan ahead: Get all of your equipment ready before the nuc is to be picked up.
- You will receive a thank you letter about 5 minutes after you submit your order form to the email address that you gave us with information you need to keep this letter it has information that you need.
- Beekeeping is a form of agriculture and is subject to the whims of Mother Nature.
- We will contact you as soon as your nuc is ready.
Thank you for taking care of the bees!!
Buster and Fran Lane